House Moving Companies Portsmouth
The moment you have decided to move home you will need to sort out a number of different things. Once you have had your offer accepted, you should start looking for reliable house moving companies in the Portsmouth area to supply detailed quotations.
White & Company have been based in Portsmouth for over 140 years and can provide a full removals and storage solution. As founder members of BAR, FIDI & OMNI, White & Company can provide for a local move, anywhere in the UK, Europe or to any international destination.
- Mon 09:00 – 17:00
- Tue 09:00 – 17:00
- Wed 09:00 – 17:00
- Thu 09:00 – 17:00
- Fri 09:00 – 17:00
- Sat 09:00 – 12:00
- Sun Closed
Moving To Portsmouth
The map below shows the location of Portsmouth
Buying a home is likely to be the biggest purchase you will make, but often we don’t ask enough questions or check carefully before we make that commitment. Taking the time to research the following things can save you a very costly mistake:
Check the Neighbourhood and House Moving Companies Portsmouth
No matter how well presented the property looks; the location will have a far greater influence on the price and saleability than anything else. It’s easy to improve a property but the bottom line is it can’t be moved somewhere else! Take time to walk around the area at different times of the day and night, visit the local pubs and parks. Check to see if there is a local Neighbourhood Watch scheme in the area. Look at one of the many crime mapping websites to see how many burglaries and anti-social incidents have taken place. If you have children, look on school league tables to find how the local schools are preforming.
Arrange Viewings at Different Times and House Moving Companies Portsmouth
Any property you are serious about purchasing should be viewed a minimum of three times. Make sure that you do this at different times of the day, evening and at weekends. A house you view at 11.00am may be peaceful and quiet but after next doors children come home in the afternoon, you may realise just how thin the walls are. Likewise, the neighbour that practices his saxophone or plays garage music into the small hours may not be heard during the afternoon.
Make sure one viewing takes place in good daylight so you can see the outside condition of the property and get an idea of what remedial work will need to be done.
Take Photographs and House Moving Companies Portsmouth
Use your mobile phone to take photographs as a useful reference point. It’s polite to ask first, but most vendors will be happy if they think you are a serious buyer.
Ask Questions and House Moving Companies Portsmouth
Before proceeding with a purchase, ask as many questions as you can. Make a list before your viewing. Here are some top questions to ask:
* How many viewings have you had?
* Have you had any offers?
* How long has the property been on the market?
* Where are the vendors moving to and is there a chain?
* Why are they moving and are they really sure they want to sell?
* Have there been any disputes with the neighbours?
* When did the seller purchase the house?
* What is included in the sale? Curtains or carpets? Kitchen appliances?
* What is the council tax band?
Getting a Survey and House Moving Companies Portsmouth
It is essential that before you purchase your new home, you arrange a suitable survey. However, since these can be expensive, asking the following questions could save you a wasted fee:
* Have there been any subsidence problems?
* When was the property re-wired?
* How old is the boiler and when was it last serviced?
* Does the vendor hold any damp and woodworm treatment certificates?
You can also carry out some basic checks yourself:
* Look at the plumbing, turn on the taps to check the water pressure and flush the loo.
* Check the outside of the property, are there any cracks, rotten woodwork, is any hard standing breaching the damp-proof course?
* Take some binoculars and inspect the roof for missing tiles, broken guttering, faulty lead flashing etc.
* Look for any internal damp issues such as mould on walls, peeling wallpaper or excessive condensation.
* If the property has an attic, ask to take a look, this is one of the best ways of seeing the condition of the wooden timbers, if you can see daylight, you will know there are missing roof tiles.
* Check the security, are there adequate locks on doors and windows, is there a house alarm installed?
* Lastly, once inside the property, check the signal on your mobile phone!
Property Prices and House Moving Companies Portsmouth
Properties in Portsmouth have increased in value over the past 12 months by 5.36%. The average asking price is currently £213,221. For a detached property you will expect to pay around £322,445, for a semi-detached home £239,943 and terraced homes £213,607.
Local Schools and House Moving Companies Portsmouth
Langstone Junior School
Lakeside Avenue, Portsmouth PO3 6EZ
023 9282 4138
Westover Primary School
Westover Road, Portsmouth PO3 6NS
023 9266 0178
Mayville High School
35-37 St Simon’s Road, Southsea PO5 2PE
023 9273 4847
Estate Agents and House Moving Companies Portsmouth
11 Milton Road, Copnor Bridge, Portsmouth PO3 6AN
023 9282 6731
Jeffries Estate Agents
112-114 London Road, Portsmouth PO2 0LZ
023 9266 1662
129 London Road, Portsmouth PO2 9AA
023 9269 6811
Local Council and House Moving Companies Portsmouth
If you are planning to move to Portsmouth and need information on schools, planning permission, parking permits or council tax, council planning permission meetings are held on a regular basis. Simply contact: www.portsmouth.gov.uk
White and Company are proud winners of the British Association of Removers ‘Overseas Mover of the Year’ Competition 2016.
If you are thinking of moving overseas, making sure you get the best exchange rate possible is essential to starting your new life on a sound footing. White and Company has an exclusive arrangement with The FX Firm (foreign exchange company). Simply follow the link below to see what additional monies you will receive compared to using your high street bank and to set up a free no obligation account. White and Company/foreign-exchange
Whether you need to arrange monthly payments to service an overseas mortgage, or wish to protect yourself against exchange rate fluctuations and fix the rate for up to a year, we will be able to suggest the most suitable way to do so. Open your free, no obligation account in as long as it takes to stop for a coffee.
White & Company Have Branches In The Following Locations
Mon 09:00 – 17:00
Tue 09:00 – 17:00
Wed 09:00 – 17:00
Thu 09:00 – 17:00
Fri 09:00 – 17:00
Sat 09:00 – 12:00