House Removal Companies Guernsey
Anyone who has ever experienced moving house will know just how stressful it can be. House removals are one of the most stressful life events, but with careful organisation it is possible to make sure the big day runs smoothly. If you are looking for house removal companies Guernsey, White & Company the removals storage and shipping company serving Guernsey and the surrounding area, have been providing a removals service for over 145 years and are founder members of the British Association of Removers, FIDI & OMNI. White & Company also provide specialist removal storage and shipping services to locations around the UK, Europe or International destinations.
White and Company
St Peters Port,
Tel: 01481 736868
• Mon 09:00 – 17:00
• Tue 09:00 – 17:00
• Wed 09:00 – 17:00
• Thu 09:00 – 17:00
• Fri 09:00 – 17:00
• Sat 09:00 – 12:00
• Sun Closed
White and Company work tirelessly to provide the best possible house removal companies Guernsey removals service and peace of mind for those looking to move home. Here are three easy steps to ensure things run smoothly:
House Removal Companies Guernsey – Get Started as Early as Possible
· Don’t leave things to the last minute. The moment you have a proposed moving date you should start by finding a reliable house removal company to carry out your house removals. Ideally it is always advisable to choose house removal companies that are a member of British Association of Removers, FIDI & OMNI to make sure the company you choose meets the highest standards within the removals industry.
By using a BAR registered company, you also have peace of mind with an advance payment protection guarantee.
· The sooner you can arrange for a free quotation, the sooner you will know what the cost will be and you will be able to start the moving process. Once you have booked your chosen removal company, check the remover’s contract and your home insurance. When using a BAR registered removal company, you will have the peace of mind that they will be working to the terms and conditions of a BAR member, and will offer a degree of limited liability insurance. However, it is highly recommended that you ensure that you have arranged adequate cover.
· If you have decided to do the packing yourself, make sure you purchase packing material in good time. White & Company can offer a full range of packing materials at very competitive prices. Check https://www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/packing-solutions/ for details.
Packing For The Move
· Start packing as soon as you can. Separate everything into ‘keep’, ‘charity shop’ and ‘tip’. Pack items that you will not need to use before the move first and make sure you label every box with its contents and which room it should go to in your new home.
· If you’re downsizing, you may need to put items in storage, White & company offer storage solutions at 16 storage locations throughout the UK. They are able to provide secure containerised storage in personal dedicated storage containers and self-storage units for items to which you need regular, easy access. Check https://www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/storage-solutions/ for more details.
· Make a list of all utilities companies you will need to inform and do this as soon as you have a confirmed moving date.
· Arrange to have your mail redirected by contacting the Post Office, though this will incur a small fee.
House Removal Companies Guernsey – One Week Before the Move
· Defrost the freezer.
· Cancel home deliveries such as milk and newspapers.
· Arrange final readings of gas, electricity and water meters.
· Notify everyone of your change of address, this should include family, friends, your bank and anyone else who will need your new address.
· Request final bills for telephone and broadband.
House Removal Companies Guernsey – On Moving Day
· Take final meter reading and take a photograph with your mobile phone as a record.
· Turn off all appliances.
· Pack a survival kit, this should include the following: kettle, tea and coffee, milk, mugs, plates and cutlery. Important documents and some basic tools and a first aid kit along with any necessary instruction manuals for the appliances you are moving. It is also wise to carry on your person any medication you may need.
About Guernsey and House Removal Companies Guernsey
The Channel Islands have long been a popular holiday destination. Its relaxed vibe, beautiful beaches, stunning countryside, great hotels and many restaurants. The island is a magnet for walkers, watersports enthusiasts, nature lovers and gastronomes. Each summer season, the population swells and the income of this small islands follows suit.
Those who are looking to relocate to Guernsey are also attracted to its low unemployment, low crime and low tax rates. The weather is generally very mild, milder than that of the south of the UK. Getting there is easy, either by a short flight of 40 minutes or by ferry a journey of 3 hours.
You can only purchase a property upon obtaining residency on the island and this is very tricky, there are strict controls in place. The Housing Authority does grant temporary residency (or licences), to those bringing skills that the Authority deems to be necessary for the well being of the local community. Usually the licence will be valid for a maximum of 5 years, only in exceptional cases will this become permanent. These housing licences enable such persons to occupy local market dwellings. Housing is generally more expensive and compares to the more affluent areas in the south of England
Leisure activities in and around Guernsey and House Removal Companies Guernsey
If you are planning a day out, there is plenty to do in and close to Guernsey, why not visit one of the following attractions:
Castle Cornet – www.visitguernsey.com/castle-cornet
Hauteville House – www.visitguernsey.com/victor-hugo-house
German Occupation Museum – www.germanoccupationmuseum.co.uk
Candie Gardens – www.museums.gov.gg/candiegardens
Fort Grey Shipwreck Museum – www.visitguernsey.com/fort-grey
Gyms and Leisure Centres in Guernsey and House Removal Companies Guernsey
Schools in Guernsey and House Removal Companies Guernsey
There is a good range of schools in Guernsey depending upon the age of your children and where you are relocating to in the area.
Lower School Elizabeth College – www.elizabethcollege.gg
Les Beaucamps High School – www.lesbeaucamps.co.uk
St Martins Primary School – www.stmartins-school.co.uk
Local vet in Guernsey and House Removal Companies Guernsey
Local doctor in Guernsey and House Removal Companies Guernsey
Local dentist Guernsey and House Removal Companies Guernsey
Domestic House Removal Companies Guernsey
This item is brought to you by www.whiteandcompany.co.uk the removals storage and shipping company serving Guernsey and the surrounding area. This service is aimed at people moving in Guernsey and for those looking for a local removals, storage and shipping company.
White & Company. Call 01481 736868 for a free removal storage or shipping quote.