Moving house and looking for a removal company in Leeds?
Anyone who has ever experienced moving house will know just how stressful it can be. House removals are one of the most stressful life events, but with careful organisation it is possible to make sure the big day runs smoothly. If you are looking for house removal companies in Leeds, White & Company are one of the largest removal companies in the UK and have been providing domestic removals and storage services since 1871.
As founder members of BAR, FIDI & OMNI, White & Company can provide for a local move, anywhere in the UK, Europe or International destination. White & Company also provide specialist removal services to locations around the UK, Jersey and Guernsey. White & Company work tirelessly to provide the best possible service and peace of mind for those looking to move home.
How to find White & Company:
Tel: 01133 509 391
- Mon 09:00 – 17:00
- Tue 09:00 – 17:00
- Wed 09:00 – 17:00
- Thu 09:00 – 17:00
- Fri 09:00 – 17:00
- Sat 09:00 – 12:00
- Sun Closed
Here are three easy steps to ensure things run smoothly:
House Removal in Leeds – Get Started as Early as Possible
· Don’t leave things to the last minute. The moment you have a proposed moving date you should start by finding a reliable house removal company to carry out your house removals. Ideally it is always advisable to choose house removal companies that are a member of BAR, FIDI & OMNI to make sure the company you choose meets the highest standards within the removals industry. By using a BAR registered company, you also have peace of mind with an advance payment protection guarantee.
· The sooner you can arrange for a free quotation, the sooner you will know what the cost will be and you will be able to start the moving process. Once you have booked your chosen removal company, check the remover’s contract and your home insurance. When using a BAR registered removal company, you will have the peace of mind that they will be working to the terms and conditions of a BAR member, and will offer a degree of limited liability insurance. However, it is highly recommended that you ensure that you have arranged adequate cover.
Packing For Your Move
· If you have decided to do the packing yourself, make sure you purchase packing material in good time. White & Company can offer a full range of packing materials at very competitive prices. Check www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/packing-solutions/ for details.
· Start packing as soon as you can. Separate everything into ‘keep’, ‘charity shop’ and ‘tip’. Pack items that you will not need to use before the move first and make sure you label every box with its contents and which room it should go to in your new home.
· If you’re downsizing, you may need to put items in storage, White & company offer storage solutions at 16 storage locations throughout the UK. They are able to provide secure containerised storage in personal dedicated storage containers and self-storage units for items to which you need regular, easy access. Check www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/storage-solutions/ for more details.
· Make a list of all utilities companies you will need to inform and do this as soon as you have a confirmed moving date.
· Arrange to have your mail redirected by contacting the Post Office, though this will incur a small fee.
One Week Before the Move
- Defrost the freezer.
- Cancel home deliveries such as milk and newspapers.
- Arrange final readings of gas, electricity and water meters.
- Notify everyone of your change of address, this should include family, friends, your bank and anyone else who will need your new address.
- Request final bills for telephone and broadband.
On Moving Day
- Take final meter reading and take a photograph with your mobile phone as a record.
- Turn off all appliances.
- Pack a survival kit, this should include the following: kettle, tea and coffee, milk, mugs, plates and cutlery. Important documents and some basic tools and a first aid kit along with any necessary instruction manuals for the appliances you are moving. It is also wise to carry on your person any medication you may need.
Leeds is the capital of Yorkshire. Not only the capital but the third largest city in the UK. It is famous for many things, one of them is that it hosted the Tour de France this year. The people of Leeds are proud of their city and take great pride in making it a great place in which to live. The population is approximately 780,000, and this number is growing all the time.
There is lots of regeneration projects going on in and around the city. The council are driving these projects hard and aim to make Leeds the best city in the UK by the year 2030.
As a result of the regeneration, there has been a boom in building developments. Luxurious penthouse apartments have been built close to the city centre in order to attract young professionals. Large employers such as Asda and the Yorkshire Banks have provided well needed jobs and security for locals and those looking to relocate into the area.
To provide entertainment for the student fraternity, Leeds town centre has more than its fair share of clubs, bars and restaurants. Music venues such as the O2 Academy and the Key Club are great places to hear current new bands and solo artists.
Leeds First Direct Arena, has just been voted Best New Venue in the World at the 2014 Stadium Business Awards. Would famous artists such as Miley Cyrus and Elton John have played here.
Keeping busy in your leisure time could not be easier, with fantastic shopping malls such as Trinity Centre. There are many art galleries and sites of historical interest to visit. Getting around is cheap and easy, hop onto a city bus and enjoy a glass of wine or two before heading off to dance the night away. Leeds is a vibrant, trendy and friendly city in which to live, work or visit.
Leisure activities in and around Leeds
If you are planning a day out, there is plenty to do in and close to Leeds, why not visit one of the following attractions:
Kirkstall Abbey – www.leeds.gov.uk/kirkstallAbbey
Roundhay Park – www.roundhaypark.org.uk
Jungle Kids – www.junglekidsleeds.co.uk
TeamSport Indoor Karting Leeds – www.team-Sport.co.uk/Leeds
Meanwood Valley Urban Farm – www.mvuf.org.uk
Gyms and Leisure Centres
Schools in Leeds
There is a good range of schools in Leeds depending upon the age of your children and where you are relocating to in the area.
Domestic House Removal
This item is brought to you by www.whiteandcompany.co.uk the removals storage and shipping company serving Leeds and the surrounding area. This service is aimed at people moving in Leeds and for those looking for a local removals, storage and shipping company. If you are looking to move home or move to the Leeds area, White and Company have been providing a Leeds removals service for over 140 years and are members of the British Association of Removers.
To submit any news story or future events please submit copy and photos to email@example.com
House Removal Companies Leeds – White & Company Removers & Storers. Call 01133 509 391 for a free quote
For independent reviews of White & Company Leeds, please visit Referenceline