Moving Home & Searching For House Removal Companies Wolverhampton
Anyone who has ever experienced moving house will know just how stressful it can be. House removals are one of the most demanding life events, but with careful organisation it is possible to make sure the big day runs smoothly. If you are looking for house removal companies Wolverhampton, White & Company have been based in the area for over 145 years and provide a full removals & storage solution.
Contact your local branch:
- Mon 09:00 – 17:00
- Tue 09:00 – 17:00
- Wed 09:00 – 17:00
- Thu 09:00 – 17:00
- Fri 09:00 – 17:00
- Sat 09:00 – 12:00
- Sun Closed
Here are three easy steps to ensure things run smoothly:
Get Started as Early as Possible
. Don’t leave things to the last minute. The moment you have a proposed moving date you should look for a reliable house removal company to carry out your house removals. Ideally it is always advisable to choose house removal companies that are a member of BAR, FIDI & OMNI to make sure the company you choose meets the highest standards within the removals industry. By using a BAR registered company, you also have peace of mind with an advance payment protection guarantee.
· The sooner you can arrange for a free quotation, the sooner you will know the cost and be in a position to instruct your removal company. It is always wise to check the remover’s contract and your home insurance. When using a BAR registered removal company, you will have the peace of mind that they will be working to the terms and conditions of a BAR member, and will offer a degree of limited liability insurance. However, it is highly recommended that you ensure that you have arranged adequate cover.
· If you have decided to do the packing yourself, make sure you purchase packing material in good time. White & Company can offer a full range of packing materials at very competitive prices. Check www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/packing-solutions/ for details.
· Start packing as soon as you can. Separate everything into ‘keep’, ‘charity shop’ and ‘tip’. Pack items that you will not need to use before the move first and make sure you label every box with its contents and which room it should go to in your new home.
· If you’re downsizing, you may need to put items in storage, White & company offer storage solutions at 19 storage locations throughout the UK. They are able to provide secure containerised storage in personal dedicated storage containers and self-storage units for items to which you need regular, easy access. Check www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/storage-solutions/ for more details.
· Make a list of all utilities companies you will need to inform and do this as soon as you have a confirmed moving date.
· Arrange to have your mail redirected by contacting the Post Office, though this will incur a small fee.
One Week Before the Move
- Defrost the freezer.
- Cancel home deliveries such as milk and newspapers.
- Arrange final readings of gas, electricity and water meters.
- Notify everyone of your change of address, this should include family, friends, your bank and anyone else who will need your new address.
- Request final bills for telephone and broadband.
On Moving Day
- Take final meter reading and take a photograph with your mobile phone as a record.
- Turn off all appliances.
- Pack a survival kit, this should include the following: kettle, tea and coffee, milk, mugs, plates and cutlery. Important documents and some basic tools and a first aid kit along with any necessary instruction manuals for the appliances you are moving.
- It is also wise to carry on your person any medication you may need.
Wolverhampton has a rich and interesting history. The town was founded in 985 and named after Wulfrun (an Anglo-Saxon noble woman and landowner, who held estates in Staffordshire). In 1086 it was recorded in the Domesday Book.
Later in the 14th and 15th Centuries the city was well known for its production of Wool. This connection can be seen in its coat of arms and many of the streets still bear the old names connected with the wool trade, such as Woolpack Street and Woolpack Alley.
Infamously, in January 1606, two farmers were executed on High Green (now Queen Square) for sheltering two of the Gunpowder Plotters.
In more recent history, Wolverhampton was granted “city” status in 2001 and since has undergone huge changes. Not only has there been massive re-development (some still in progress). Over £3.7 billion has been put forward for new buildings and improvements to both commercial and residential properties and the updating of the city centre.
Wolverhampton has become a new engineering hub. Its excellent transport links to major motorways such as the M1, M5 and M6 has assisted in giving the city one of the fastest growing economies in the UK today.
With over 600 shops in the city centre, its popular markets, great transport links and convenient modern public areas, Wolverhampton has become a very popular place for relocation.
Leisure activities in and around Wolverhampton
If you are planning a day out, there is plenty to do in and close to Wolverhampton, why not visit one of the following attractions:
Wightwick Manor and Gardens – www.nationaltrust.org.uk/
Moseley Old Hall – www.nationaltrust.org.uk
Bantock House Museum and Park – www.wolverhamptonart.org.uk/
West Park – www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/article/1875/West-Park
Northycote Farm and Country Park – www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/
Gyms and Leisure Centres in Wolverhampton
Schools in Wolverhampton
There is a good range of schools in Wolverhampton depending upon the age of your children and where you are relocating to in the area.
Local vet in Wolverhampton
St. George’S Veterinary Clinic
Carmel Veterinary Centre – www.carmelvets.com
Local doctor in Wolverhampton
Local Dentist Wolverhampton
White & Company are proud winners of the British Association of Removers ‘Overseas Mover of the Year’ Competition 2016 and finalists in the 2017 competition.
If you are thinking of moving overseas, making sure you get the best exchange rate possible is essential to starting your new life on a sound footing. White & Company has an exclusive arrangement with an FX Firm (foreign exchange company). Simply follow the link below to see what additional monies you will receive compared to using your high street bank and to set up a free no obligation account. White & Company/foreign-exchange
Whether you need to arrange monthly payments to service an overseas mortgage, or wish to protect yourself against exchange rate fluctuations and fix the rate for up to a year, we will be able to suggest the most suitable way to do so. Open your free, no obligation account in as long as it takes to stop for a coffee.
White & Company Have Branches In The Following Locations
Mon 09:00 – 17:00
Tue 09:00 – 17:00
Wed 09:00 – 17:00
Thu 09:00 – 17:00
Fri 09:00 – 17:00
Sat 09:00 – 12:00
Domestic House Removal Companies Wolverhampton
This item is brought to you by www.whiteandcompany.co.uk the removals storage and shipping company serving Wolverhampton and the surrounding area. White & Company have been providing a removals service for over 145 years and are members of the British Association of Removers.
To submit any news story or future events please submit copy and photos to email@example.com
White & Company Removals & Storers. Call 01952 897 604 For a free moving quote
For independent reviews of White & Company Telford, please visit Referenceline