Prior to Removal:
It is understandable that you may not have a set removal date immediately. We recommend a four week notice period prior to removal. However, we appreciate that there are a number of contributing factors that may prevent you from giving this much notice. For this reason, we offer a provisional booking process, where we will allocate a crew for your removal on the provisional moving date you advise.
Items can be added/removed from your removals list prior to your removal day and the quotation will be adjusted accordingly. You can discuss any changes with your branch office.
No delivery address yet?
This is not a problem as all we will require are your contact details. The delivery address can be advised at a later date or as soon as possible following your arrival in South Africa.
The Day of your International Removals To South Africa:
On the day of your removal one of our experienced export packing teams will arrive at your residence, to start professionally packing the contents of your home. It is essential that any international removal is professionally export packed and wrapped using the correct packing materials. All items will be packed into export approved cartons and where necessary, furniture will be wrapped and protected using export approved blankets or custom made cartons.
Our export packing teams will always bring extra cartons and packing materials on your removal day, so if you are undecided over a particular item, please don’t worry. The crew will create an inventory listing all the items you are shipping, as each carton is filled.
When shipping your personal belongings to South Africa the transit time between removal in the UK and arrival at your new home will be approximately 4-6 weeks for full container shipments. Part load shipments can take between 6-10 weeks and are dependent on how quickly a 20ft container can be filled.
Documents we will require before shipment:
• Customs forms DA304 & P.1.160
• Copy of original passport
• Permanent Residence or Work permit
• Removal inventory (we will provide this for you)
• Insurance Valuation form for Shipment Protection cover
NOTE: When shipping vehicles, it is best to discuss this with your surveyor, who can guide you through the process and advise the necessary documentation requirements.
Restrictions may apply to certain items. If you are unsure, it is always best to show them to the surveyor at point of survey.
Restricted Exports to South Africa where approval maybe required:
• Firearms and accessories will require a South African Police Firearm Registrar certificate SAP 312 & Import permit.
• Wine & Alcohol
Prohibited Exports to South Africa:
• Plant products
• Explosives or Fireworks
• Pornographic material
• Certain feathers, furs, skins, tusks, etc. of animals which may fall under the protected species regulations.
For a more comprehensive list, please click on the link below:
Alternatively use our branch locator to find your local branch.
When You Arrive In South Africa:
• Our trusted partners will contact you before your container arrives at the port in South Africa; this is to ascertain your requirements regarding delivery. If you are not ready to take delivery we can arrange storage at extremely preferential rates. We recommend that you contact our agents immediately upon your arrival, as you will be required to complete a customs form and produce your passport.
• All goods which arrive into South Africa are subject to South African customs and quarantine clearance procedures.
• You will need to be present in the country before customs clearance can take place, though you will not need to attend customs in person. However, you will need to be available should customs request that you attend an interview.
• Please note that customs clearance will take approximately 11 – 14 working days.
• Following Customs Clearance approval, our trusted partners will contact you to arrange a suitable date for delivery of your effects to your new home. The crew will arrive at your new property and place your items in the rooms of your choice, unwrap and will remove the packing material.