House Removal Companies Serving Croydon
Anyone who has ever experienced moving house will know just how stressful it can be. House removals are one of the most demanding life events, but with careful organisation it is possible to make sure the big day runs smoothly. If you are looking for house removal companies Croydon, White & Company have been based in Croydon for over 145 years and can provide a full removals and storage solution. As founder members of BAR, FIDI & OMNI, they can provide for a local move, anywhere in the UK, Europe or to any international destination.
White & Company Removals Storage & Shipping
Tel: 0203 411 0605 for a free moving quote
Mon 09:00 – 17:00
Tue 09:00 – 17:00
Wed 09:00 – 17:00
Thu 09:00 – 17:00
Fri 09:00 – 17:00
Sat 09:00 – 12:00
Here are three easy steps to ensure things run smoothly:
House Removal Companies Croydon – Get Started as Early as Possible
. Don’t leave things to the last minute. The moment you have a proposed moving date you should start by finding a reliable house removal company to carry out your house removals. Ideally it is always advisable to choose house removal companies that are a member of BAR, FIDI & OMNI to make sure the company you choose meets the highest standards within the removals industry. By using a BAR registered company, you also have peace of mind with an advance payment protection guarantee.
· The sooner you can arrange for a free quotation, the sooner you will know what the cost will be and you will be able to start the moving process. Once you have booked your chosen removal company, check the remover’s contract and your home insurance. When using a BAR registered removal company, you will have the peace of mind that they will be working to the terms and conditions of a BAR member, and will offer a degree of limited liability insurance. However, it is highly recommended that you ensure that you have arranged adequate cover.
· If you have decided to do the packing yourself, make sure you purchase packing material in good time. White & Company can offer a full range of packing materials at very competitive prices. Check https://www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/packing-solutions/ for details.
· Start packing as soon as you can. Separate everything into ‘keep’, ‘charity shop’ and ‘tip’. Pack items that you will not need to use before the move first and make sure you label every box with its contents and which room it should go to in your new home.
· If you’re downsizing, you may need to put items in storage, White & company offer storage solutions at 16 storage locations throughout the UK. They are able to provide secure containerised storage in personal dedicated storage containers and self-storage units for items to which you need regular, easy access. Check https://www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/storage-solutions/ for more details.
· Make a list of all utilities companies you will need to inform and do this as soon as you have a confirmed moving date.
· Arrange to have your mail redirected by contacting the Post Office, though this will incur a small fee.
House Removal Companies Croydon – One Week Before the Move
· Defrost the freezer.
· Cancel home deliveries such as milk and newspapers.
· Arrange final readings of gas, electricity and water meters.
· Notify everyone of your change of address, this should include family, friends, your bank and anyone else who will need your new address.
· Request final bills for telephone and broadband.
House Removal Companies Croydon – On Moving Day
· Take final meter reading and take a photograph with your mobile phone as a record.
· Turn off all appliances.
· Pack a survival kit, this should include the following: kettle, tea and coffee, milk, mugs, plates and cutlery. Important documents and some basic tools and a first aid kit, along with any necessary instruction manuals for the appliances you are moving. It is also wise to carry on your person any medication you may need.
About Croydon & House Removal Companies Croydon
Croydon is a large town situated approximately 10 miles from the city of London, it has excellent commuter connections. The fields and woods of the North Downs surround the town. It boasts over 120 parks and nature reserves and great sports and leisure facilities.
Croydon is mentioned in the Domesday Book and was originally a market town and a centre for the production of charcoal, brewing and leather tanning. Interestingly, in 1803, the first public railway was opened in Croydon and ran between the town and Wandsworth. The town quickly expanded and the charcoal, tanning and breweries closed down. With the introduction of more and more railway lines, the town later became an important industrial area for car manufacturing and metal works.
Today Croydon has expanded and has been given a more attractive image. New housing developments and modern offices have been built, attracting young professionals to the area. Large shopping centres such as Centrale and Westfield offer plenty of retail therapy as well as cinemas, fast food outlets and great restaurants.
Leisure activities in & around Croydon and House Removal Companies Croydon
If you are planning a day out, there is plenty to do in and close to Croydon, why not visit one of the following attractions:
Croydon Clocktower – www.croydonclocktower.org.uk
Museum of Croydon – www.museumofcroydon.com
Croham Hurst Golf Club – www.chgc.co.uk
Kidspace Adventure Play – www.kidspaceadventures.com/croydon
Crystal Palace Dinosaurs – www.cpdinosaurs.org/visitthedinosaurs
Gyms and Leisure Centres in Croydon & House Removal Companies Croydon
Schools in Croydon & House Removal Companies Croydon
There is a good range of schools in Croydon depending upon the age of your children and where you are relocating to in the area.
Local vet in Croydon & House Removal Companies Croydon
Local doctor in Croydon & House Removal Companies Croydon
Local dentist Croydon & House Removal Companies Croydon
When moving overseas, making sure you get the best exchange rate possible is essential to starting your new life on a sound footing. White & Company has an exclusive arrangement with The FX Firm (foreign exchange company). Simply follow the link below to see what additional monies you will receive compared to using your high street bank and to set up a free no obligation foreign exchange account.
Whether you need to arrange monthly payments to service an overseas mortgage, or wish to protect yourself against exchange rate fluctuations and fix the rate for up to a year, we will be able to suggest the most suitable way to do so. Open your free, no obligation account in as long as it takes to stop for a coffee.
White & Company Have Branches In The Following Locations