11th May 2020
Following the new guidelines outlined in yesterday’s Government update, White & Company will resume all removals services from the 12th of May.
In agreement with both Government and BAR advice, all staff will be issued with PPE to ensure the highest level of safety for both customers and crew members alike.
White & Company are grateful for the patience and understanding of our valued customers and will endeavour to ensure all paused moves are completed as quickly as possible.
Moving forward, we strive to accept new business enquiries, ensuring all customers moves can be accomplished in a timely manner.
To guarantee limited risk to all parties, White & Company will continue to conduct all removals surveys virtually.
Our virtual surveys are a fantastic tool to help maintain social distancing measures and allow us to carry out your move as safely and quickly as possible.
As our services resume, we will continue to strictly adhere to Government guidelines and closely monitor the ongoing situation, updating our services accordingly.
White & Company once again thanks our fantastic staff and customers for your support in this unique time.
23rd April 2020
White & Company – An Update on Our Services
There have been several developments since our last update at the start of April, White & Company strive to be fully transparent with our customers and feel it is best to inform you of any changes to our services.
White & Company continue to adhere to Government advice, closely following the guidelines that are being implemented by our trade body the BAR (British Association of Removers) and the Government alike.
The recommendation made by the BAR to suspend all operational activity, and to keep safe and well has resulted in the postponement of all but the most essential of transactions.
White & Company, along with most removals’ companies in the UK, have followed these guidelines rigorously, thereby safeguarding our customers and staff.
As a company, we have been devoted to ensuring the health and safety or our staff and customers, taking every possible measure to help slow the spread of the Coronavirus.
We thank all our customers for their continued understanding and support during this time.
Following last week’s government update, White & Company have taken the decision to reschedule all paused moves on a provisional basis from the 11th May.
To ensure the continued safety of both our workforce and customers, all staff will be issued with PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
PPE will be provided to all crew members and will be in accordance with the latest guidelines issued by Public Health England, Government’s guidance and advice and from the Health & Safety Executive.
Following the commencement of our services, customers with existing bookings will be given top priority.
We hope to reduce any further delay to your move and ensure you can safely and quickly complete your relocation.
Considering the delay to our services, new enquiries with be given dates that are appropriate to both parties.
We once again thank you for your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.
White & Company endeavour to provide our customers with the best possible service, a commitment that includes ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all involved parties.
Our decision to resume deliveries is understandably strictly conditional of any further government updates and should anything change we will be sure to update our customers accordingly. All bookings will be made on a provisional basis only.
3rd April 2020
“In order to maintain our service to new and existing customers, we have taken the decision to suspend operations at selected branches, allowing us to consolidate operations at strategic regional branches and reduce the interaction of our colleagues.
From tonight, Friday April 3rd, operations are suspended at the following locations, although a Branch Manager will be on site between 8am and 12 noon each day and will be able to deal with all enquiries. Our Head Office remains open”.
If you are planning to move in the future, we are still offering customers our new online video surveys. This service will allow us to give you an accurate quote for your move, meaning you are able to plan prudently from the safety of your own home.
Once again, we thank you for your understanding in these uncertain times.
We will be sure to keep you updated with any news or developments on this page.
Until then, stay safe.
26th March 2020
White & Company are striving to ensure that everyone remains healthy and safe during these unprecedented times, this includes both our customers and staff alike.
Therefore, we feel it is in the best interests of everybody to cease all removals activities from Monday the 30th of March.
Throughout this time, our head office will remain open, meaning we will be able to take calls between 8am and 12 midday.
During this period, White & Company will also be offering our customers online video surveys to ensure you remain on top of your future move.
We thank you for your understanding and appreciation of this unique situation.
This was not a decision we took lightly, but feel it was in the best interests of our wonderful staff and valued customers.
How we’re responding to the COVID-19 pandemic
As the unprecedented impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) progresses globally, we want to keep you informed of how the company is responding to this ongoing situation.
White & Company will continue providing the best service for our customers by doing our utmost to keep everyone healthy and safe in the workplace and working to minimizing any disruptions to our day-to-day operations.
White & Company aims to conduct “business as usual” whilst also implementing some preventative measures. Our business requires complete compliance with government-imposed safety measures and restrictions whilst striving to maintain the best service for our customers.
- Closely following the development of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) across the world
- All services are analysed based on countries restrictions at the time
- We will ensure that we operate following the procedures of the correct authorities worldwide
- Service delivery will move forward as normal if a Level 3 Warning country/region has not been visited by customers and family members during the 14-day period.
- If a Level 3 Warning country has been visited, the destination country’s quarantine requirements must be upheld before service can proceed. For example, if the destination country has a 14-day quarantine period, services must be postponed until after the quarantine period and when the customer shows no symptoms COVID-19.
- If the destination country has no government quarantine requirements, we will implement a 14-day service delay for the protection of staff.
- This protocol is based solely on the countries visited during the 14-day period and has no basis on customer or family nationality.
- We will use a Health and Travel Checklist to screen all customers and family members. A simple interview process will confirm if any high risk countries or regions have been visited in the past fortnight.
- During this time, you are able to contact us via email to your direct contact or via email@example.com
Precautionary measures are being taken to protect our employees as best as possible, therefore reducing the risk to our customers.
Preventative steps include:
- All our crew members are to be checked and monitored daily with digital thermometers
- We are ensuring the practice of good personal hygiene and workplace cleaning habits.
- Hand sanitizer is provided in our offices and in all the vehicles
- Crew members are provided with masks and gloves
- Temporary ban on visitors and non-essential personnel having access to offices and warehouse
- Restricting workplace entry for anyone with influenza symptoms.
- Increased flexible work options that cater for social distancing (including working from home and avoiding face-to-face contact). We have invested in technology that allows us to chat, use video conferencing and other collaborative tools to maintain a high standard of service.
- Managing any of our team members if they become ill at work.
- Managing and monitoring our team members who travel overseas. Avoiding any unnecessary travel and cancelling or postponing non-essential meetings.
Where possible, we are offering digital solutions to our customers, such as virtual consultations for moving services. This allows us to provide an extremely high level of service whilst minimizing the possible spread of the virus.
As the matter continues to develop, we intend to keep you informed of all amendments to our working procedures, providing some transparency in this uncertain period.
We thank all of our customers for their patience during this trying time and wish everyone good health.
Take care of yourself
Fundamental advice remains the same, don’t panic and use common sense as you would when safeguarding against a cold or flu. Don’t take any unnecessary risks and keep informed on all the latest developments.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has highlighted the following essential measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay at home if you are unwell, if you are healthy avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Prevent touching your eyes, nose and mouth, particularly with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds, if that isn’t available use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Maintain social distancing between yourself and anyone who is coughing.
- Practice good respiratory hygiene, you should cover your mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze; be sure to throw the tissue away immediately.
- Continually deep clean and decontaminate frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments and be sure to follow the advice of healthcare providers and other reliable sources.