Prior to Removal:
It is understandable that you may not have a set removal date immediately. We recommend a four week notice period prior to removal. However, we appreciate that there are a number of contributing factors that may prevent you from giving this much notice. For this reason, we offer a provisional booking process, where we will allocate a crew for your removal on the provisional moving date you advise.
Items can be added/removed from your removals list prior to your removal day and the quotation will be adjusted accordingly. You can discuss any changes with your branch office.
No delivery address yet?
This is not a problem as all we will require are your contact details. The delivery address can be advised at a later date or as soon as possible following your arrival in South Africa.
The Day of your International Removals To Durban
On the day of your removal one of our experienced export packing teams will arrive at your residence, to start professionally packing the contents of your home. It is essential that any international removal is professionally export packed and wrapped using the correct packing materials. All items will be packed into export approved cartons and where necessary, furniture will be wrapped and protected using export approved blankets or custom made cartons.
Our export packing teams will always bring extra cartons and packing materials on your removal day, so if you are undecided over a particular item, please don’t worry. The crew will create an inventory listing all the items you are shipping, as each carton is filled.
When shipping your personal belongings to Durban the transit time between removal in the UK and arrival at your new home will be approximately 4-6 weeks for full container shipments. Part load shipments can take between 6-10 weeks and are dependent on how quickly a 20ft container can be filled.
Documents we will require before shipment:
• Customs forms DA304 & P.1.160
• Copy of original passport
• Permanent Residence or Work permit
• Removal inventory (we will provide this for you)
• Insurance Valuation form for Shipment Protection cover
NOTE: When shipping vehicles, it is best to discuss this with your surveyor, who can guide you through the process and advise the necessary documentation requirements.
Restrictions may apply to certain items. If you are unsure, it is always best to show them to the surveyor at point of survey.
Restricted Exports to South Africa where approval maybe required:
• Firearms and accessories will require a South African Police Firearm Registrar certificate SAP 312 & Import permit.
•Wine & Alcohol
Prohibited Exports to Durban:
• Plant products
• Explosives or Fireworks
• Pornographic material
• Certain feathers, furs, skins, tusks, etc. of animals which may fall under the protected species regulations.
For a more comprehensive list, please click on the link below:
Alternatively use our branch locator to find your local branch.
Moving To Durban
If you’re considering moving to South Africa and looking at locations, Durban is a city rich in culture and character, with a beautiful skyline epitomized by the famous Moses Mabhida arch, which soars up from the bay.
The city’s warm climate and huge stretches of gorgeous sandy beaches and lush green hills, gives Durban a raw beauty, which is difficult to beat. White and Company have been providing International removals services to the Durban community for over 140 years.
This cosmopolitan city has a population made up from of a wide variety of cultures. It has the highest concentration of people from Indian decent outside of India, and this is reflected in the fantastic cuisine available. You can enjoy delicious dishes from across the world, but all with an unmistakable Asian twist!
Durban’s golden mile, the paved promenade on the city beachfront, is popular with locals and tourists alike, lined with rows of shops, bars and restaurants. Whether you are looking for fun in the sun, culture, sport, adventure or quiet solitude, you will find it in Durban.
Property prices and International Removals Durban
Durban is enjoying continued economic growth with exciting plans to restructure the waterfront area. Added to this, there are continued plans to development expand and invest in ultra-modern shopping centres, making it a perfect time to consider purchasing property in this city.
Typically, a family 4-bedroom property with 3 bathrooms, 3 garages’ and a large swimming pool, in Durban North can be purchased for R6,895,000, (£344,750). A good sized newly renovated one bedroomed apartment will cost in the region of R1,295,000 (£64,750).
Local Real Estate Agents and International Removals Durban
Harcourts Real Estate – 2 Silverton Rd, Durban 4001
+27 31 201 1060. http://www.harcourts.co.za
Wakefields Estate Agents – Wakefield House 150 Essenwood Rd, Durban 4001
+27 31 204 7100. http://www.wakefields.co.za
Seeff Properties – 40 Essenwood Rd, Durban
+27 31 202 6590.
International Schools and International Removals Durban
Oval International Computer Education – 31 31 Joe Slovo Street, Durban, Durban 4001
+27 31 305 6192.
Restaurants and International Removals Durban
Olive and Oil Restaurant – 149 Bulwer Road Durban 4001
+27 31 201 6146.
Harvey’s Restaurant – 465 Innes Road,Windermere Durban 4001
+27 31 561 4977.
Blue Zoo Restaurant – 6 Nimmo Rd Durban 4001
+27 31 303 3568.
Travel connections and International Removals Durban
Main Airports: King Shaka International Airport
Main Train Stations: Durban central railway station
Main Roads: 2/3/M4/M12/M10
Home entertainment & communication – International Removals Durban
Broadband: Afrihost, Cellc, Vodacom, Telkom
Television: Freesat, SABC, DSTV
Mobile phone: Airtel, Orange, Vodafone
Currency Conversion and International Removals Durban
When moving overseas, making sure you get the best exchange rate possible is essential to starting your new life on a sound footing. White and Company has an exclusive arrangement with The FX Firm (foreign exchange company). Simply follow the link below to see what additional monies you will receive compared to using your high street bank and to set up a free no obligation account. https://www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/foreign-exchange
When You Arrive In South Africa:
• Our trusted partners (Stuttafords Van Lines) 8-10 Ernest Clokie Road, Prospecton, Durban, 4113, will contact you before your container arrives at the port in South Africa; this is to ascertain your requirements regarding delivery. If you are not ready to take delivery we can arrange storage at extremely preferential rates. We recommend that you contact our agents immediately upon your arrival, as you will be required to complete a customs form and produce your passport.
• All goods which arrive into South Africa are subject to South African customs and quarantine clearance procedures.
• You will need to be present in the country before customs clearance can take place, though you will not need to attend customs in person. However, you must be available should customs request that you attend an interview.
• Please note that customs clearance will take approximately 11 – 14 working days.
• Following Customs Clearance approval, our trusted partners will contact you to arrange a suitable date for delivery of your effects to your new home. The crew will arrive at your new property and place your items in the rooms of your choice, unwrap and will remove the packing material.