Prior to Removal:
It is understandable that you may not have a set removal date immediately. We recommend a four week notice period prior to removal. However, we appreciate that there are a number of contributing factors that may prevent you from giving this much notice. For this reason, we offer a provisional booking process, where we will allocate a crew for your removal on the provisional moving date you advise.
Items can be added/removed from your removals list prior to your removal day and the quotation will be adjusted accordingly. You can discuss any changes with your branch office.
No delivery address yet?
This is not a problem as all we will require are your contact details. The delivery address can be advised at a later date or as soon as possible following your arrival in South Africa.
The Day of your International Removals To Pinetown
On the day of your removal one of our experienced export packing teams will arrive at your residence, to start professionally packing the contents of your home. It is essential that any international removal is professionally export packed and wrapped using the correct packing materials. All items will be packed into export approved cartons and where necessary, furniture will be wrapped and protected using export approved blankets or custom made cartons.
Our export packing teams will always bring extra cartons and packing materials on your removal day, so if you are undecided over a particular item, please don't worry. The crew will create an inventory listing all the items you are shipping, as each carton is filled.
When shipping your personal belongings to Pinetown the transit time between removal in the UK and arrival at your new home will be approximately 4-6 weeks for full container shipments. Part load shipments can take between 6-10 weeks and are dependent on how quickly a 20ft container can be filled.
Documents we will require before shipment:
• Customs forms DA304 & P.1.160
• Copy of original passport
• Permanent Residence or Work permit
• Removal inventory (we will provide this for you)
• Insurance Valuation form for Shipment Protection cover
NOTE: When shipping vehicles, it is best to discuss this with your surveyor, who can guide you through the process and advise the necessary documentation requirements.
Restrictions may apply to certain items. If you are unsure, it is always best to show them to the surveyor at point of survey.
Restricted Exports to South Africa where approval maybe required:
• Firearms and accessories will require a South African Police Firearm Registrar certificate SAP 312 & Import permit.
•Wine & Alcohol
Prohibited Exports to Pinetown
• Plant products
• Explosives or Fireworks
• Pornographic material
• Certain feathers, furs, skins, tusks, etc. of animals which may fall under the protected species regulations.
For a more comprehensive list, please click on the link below:
Alternatively use our branch locator to find your local branch.
International Removals Pinetown
If you are looking for property for sale in Pinetown and need an International removals company to handle your move: White & Company have been serving the area for over 100 years and provide a full removals and storage solution. As founder members of BAR, FIDI & OMNI, White & Company can provide for a local move, or any international destination.
Pinetown was named after the governor of Natal, Sir Benjamin Pine. The town was established in 1850 around the Wayside Hotel, along the main wagon route between Durban and Pietermaritzburg.
The New Germany Nature Reserve is a popular attraction in Pinetown. This 110-hectare reserve has picnic sites, braai areas, wonderful trails and a waterhole hide provides sightings of zebra, nyala, impala, samango monkeys. There is also a wonderful walk-in aviary and interpretative centre. Another very popular event is the Supermotard National, a spectacular annual event that draws huge spectator crowds and involves blocking traffic on main streets to make way for the riders.
Property prices and International Removals Pinetown
Historically Pinetown was known as an industrial zone and not an obvious location for potential property buyers. However, things are changing and this suburb of Durban is gaining quite a reputation in the property market. This is particularly the case amongst first time buyers, who love the fact that Pinetown nestles at the foot of Field’s and has easy access to the M13 and other major routes, making it easy to reach Durban and other destinations in KwaZulu Natal.
A Typical family four bedroom property with three bathrooms and one garage in Pinetown can be purchased for around R R3,450,000, (£172,500). Larger more luxurious six bedroomed homes are available from around R R4,599,000. (£229,950).
Local Real Estate Agents and International Removals Pinetown
Seeff Residential Properties - 6 Meller Rd, Pinetown
+27 31 701 7724. www.seeff.com
Maxprop Pinetown - 7a Valiant Park Shop Ctr, 40 Maurice Nichols Rd, Pinetown 3610
+27 31 701 1900. www.maxprop.co.za
International Schools if looking for Property for sale in Pinetown
Boston City Campus And Business College - 33 Crompton St, Pinetown 3610
+27 31 701 0645. www.bcc.co.za
Restaurants and International Removals Pinetown
La Brasserie Restaurant - 14 School Rd Pinetown 3610
+27 31 701 5580. www.snupit.co.za
Grand Canyon Spur - Shop 2 Sandys Ctr, 174 Josiah Gumede Rd Pinetown 3610
+27 31 701 0799. www.spur.co.za
Steers - 2 Dawnhill Rd Pinetown 3610
+27 31 709 3555. www.steers.co.za
Travel connections if looking for Property For Sale In Pinetown
Main Airports: King Shaka International Airport
Main Train Stations: Durban central railway station
Main Roads: 3/M7/M1/M31/M34
Home entertainment & communication and International Removals Pinetown
Broadband: Afrihost, Cellc, Vodacom, Telkom
Television: Freesat, SABC, DSTV
Mobile phone: Airtel, Orange, Vodafone
Currency Conversion and International Removals Pinetown
When moving overseas, making sure you get the best exchange rate possible is essential to starting your new life on a sound footing. White and Company has an exclusive arrangement with The FX Firm (foreign exchange company). Simply follow the link below to see what additional monies you will receive compared to using your high street bank and to set up a free no obligation account. https://www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/foreign-exchange
When You Arrive In South Africa:
• Our trusted partners (Stuttafords Van Lines) will contact you before your container arrives at the port in South Africa; this is to ascertain your requirements regarding delivery. If you are not ready to take delivery we can arrange storage at extremely preferential rates. We recommend that you contact our agents immediately upon your arrival, as you will be required to complete a customs form and produce your passport.
• All goods which arrive into South Africa are subject to South African customs and quarantine clearance procedures.
• You will need to be present in the country before customs clearance can take place, though you will not need to attend customs in person. However, you must be available should customs request that you attend an interview.
• Please note that customs clearance will take approximately 11 - 14 working days.
• Following Customs Clearance approval, our trusted partners will contact you to arrange a suitable date for delivery of your effects to your new home. The crew will arrive at your new property and place your items in the rooms of your choice, unwrap and will remove the packing material.