Prior to Removal:
It is understandable that you may not have a set removal date immediately. We recommend a four week notice period prior to removal. However, we appreciate that there are a number of contributing factors that may prevent you from giving this much notice. For this reason, we offer a provisional booking process, where we will allocate a crew for your removal on the provisional moving date you advise.
Items can be added/removed from your removals list prior to your removal day and the quotation will be adjusted accordingly. You can discuss any changes with your branch office.
No delivery address yet?
This is not a problem as all we will require are your contact details. The delivery address can be advised at a later date or as soon as possible following your arrival in South Africa.
The Day of your International Removals To Port Elizabeth
On the day of your removal one of our experienced export packing teams will arrive at your residence, to start professionally packing the contents of your home. It is essential that any international removal is professionally export packed and wrapped using the correct packing materials. All items will be packed into export approved cartons and where necessary, furniture will be wrapped and protected using export approved blankets or custom made cartons.
Our export packing teams will always bring extra cartons and packing materials on your removal day, so if you are undecided over a particular item, please don’t worry. The crew will create an inventory listing all the items you are shipping, as each carton is filled.
When shipping your personal belongings to Port Elizabeth the transit time between removal in the UK and arrival at your new home will be approximately 4-6 weeks for full container shipments. Part load shipments can take between 6-10 weeks and are dependent on how quickly a 20ft container can be filled.
Documents we will require before shipment:
• Customs forms DA304 & P.1.160
• Copy of original passport
• Permanent Residence or Work permit
• Removal inventory (we will provide this for you)
• Insurance Valuation form for Shipment Protection cover
NOTE: When shipping vehicles, it is best to discuss this with your surveyor, who can guide you through the process and advise the necessary documentation requirements.
Restrictions may apply to certain items. If you are unsure, it is always best to show them to the surveyor at point of survey.
Restricted Exports to South Africa where approval maybe required:
• Firearms and accessories will require a South African Police Firearm Registrar certificate SAP 312 & Import permit.
•Wine & Alcohol
Prohibited Exports to Port Elizabeth:
• Plant products
• Explosives or Fireworks
• Pornographic material
• Certain feathers, furs, skins, tusks, etc. of animals which may fall under the protected species regulations.
For a more comprehensive list, please click on the link below:
Alternatively use our branch locator to find your local branch.
International Removals Port Elizabeth
Port Elizabeth is commonly known as The Windy City (‘the bay’ in isiXhosa) or the Friendly City. It is one of the largest cities in South Africa and located 770km east of Cape Town, fringing Algoa Bay at the western end of the Sunshine Coast. There is a good choice of stunning beaches, popular with families, surfers and kite fliers alike and is an outdoor lover’s paradise. Here you can enjoy boat cruises, a visit to the Seaview Predator Park or a trip to the lush forests of the Kragga Kamma Game Park, where vast herds of African game, including White Rhino, Buffalo, Cheetah, Giraffe, and Zebra all roam freely in unrestricted and natural surroundings.
Should you wish to pursue another type of ‘wild life’, a visit to the many nightclubs or the Boardwalk Casino might be in order! Sample a bottle of pinotage produced by the oldest wine industry outside Europe. Or take time out to travel along the world’s longest wine route, found along Route 62 and running from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth. If you don’t have time to complete the entire route, consider visiting the wine-growing areas of Stellenbosch, Paarl, Wellington, Bonnievale and Robertson.
Property prices & International Removals Port Elizabeth
The city of Port Elizabeth has become a choice destination for South Africa’s elite business personalities and families. Bringing with it investment and expansion for the region, all good news for people relocating to the area.
Properties in Port Elizabeth vary is style from the older more traditional Dutch Cape design, to the latest chic modern designs. Depending on your budget and preferred area, you will find plenty of choice. Currently you can purchase a reasonably priced family 4 bedroomed home for R2,290,000 (£114,500). For a large more luxurious home, there is property available for R18,500,000 (925,000), for this price tag you have 5 bedrooms 4 bathrooms, 4 garages and very large pool with landscaped gardens.
Local Real Estate Agents & International Removals Port Elizabeth
Seeff Properties – 183 Cape Rd, Port Elizabeth 6001
+27 41 373 9339. www.seeff.com
PAM Golding Properties – 204 Cape Road, Mill Park, Port Elizabeth 6001
+27 41 373 0953. www.pamgolding.co.za
Keevy Auctioneers And Estate Agents – 52 5th Avenue, Walmer, Port Elizabeth 6070
+27 41 581 1951. www.keevyauctions.co.za
International Schools in Port Elizabeth
Brylin International Learning Centre – Eucalyptus St, Port Elizabeth 6070
+27 41 368 7126.
Restaurants & International Removals Port Elizabeth
The Coachman – 103 Cape Road, Mill Park Port Elizabeth 6001
+27 41 373 3440. www.thecoachmanrestaurant.co.za
Cassies – Ring Rd Port Elizabeth
+27 41 363 0817. www.cassies.co.za
Dulce Café – 205 Cape Rd Port Elizabeth 6001
+27 41 373 0611. www.dulce.co.za
Travel connections & International Removals Port Elizabeth
Main Airports: Port Elizabeth Airport
Main Train Stations: Port Elizabeth central railway station
Main Roads: 2/R335/R75/R334/R367/R102/R368/M15/M18
Home entertainment & International Removals Port Elizabeth
Broadband: Afrihost, Cellc, Vodacom, Telkom
Television: Freesat, SABC, DSTV
Mobile phone: Airtel, Orange, Vodafone
Currency Conversion & International Removals Port Elizabeth
When moving overseas, making sure you get the best exchange rate possible is essential to starting your new life on a sound footing. White and Company has an exclusive arrangement with The FX Firm (foreign exchange company). Simply follow the link below to see what additional monies you will receive compared to using your high street bank and to set up a free no obligation account. https://www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/foreign-exchange
When You Arrive In South Africa:
• Our trusted partners (Stuttafords Van Lines) – 21 Kwaford Road, Struandale, Port Elizabeth, 6001, will contact you before your container arrives at the port in South Africa; this is to ascertain your requirements regarding delivery. If you are not ready to take delivery we can arrange storage at extremely preferential rates. We recommend that you contact our agents immediately upon your arrival, as you will be required to complete a customs form and produce your passport.
• All goods which arrive into South Africa are subject to South African customs and quarantine clearance procedures.
• You will need to be present in the country before customs clearance can take place, though you will not need to attend customs in person. However, you must be available should customs request that you attend an interview.
• Please note that customs clearance will take approximately 11 – 14 working days.
• Following Customs Clearance approval, our trusted partners will contact you to arrange a suitable date for delivery of your effects to your new home. The crew will arrive at your new property and place your items in the rooms of your choice, unwrap and will remove the packing material.