Prior to Removal
It is understandable that you may not have a set removal date immediately. We recommend 4 weeks’ notice prior to removal, however we appreciate that there are a number of contributing factors that may prevent you from giving this much notice. For this reason, we offer a provisional booking process where we will allocate a crew for your removal on the provisional moving date you advise.
Items can be added/removed from your removals list prior to your removal day and the quotation will be adjusted accordingly. You can discuss any changes with your branch office.
No delivery address yet?
This is not a problem as all we will require is a contact address and contact details. The delivery address can be advised at a later date or as soon as possible following your arrival in Cape Town.
The Day of your International Removals To Cape Town:
On the day of your removal one of our experienced export packing teams will arrive at your residence to start professionally packing the contents of your home. It is essential that any international removal is professionally export packed and wrapped using the correct packing materials. All items will be packed into export approved cartons and where necessary furniture will be wrapped and protected using export approved blankets or custom made cartons. Our export packing teams will always bring extra cartons and packing materials on your removal day, so if you are undecided over a particular item, please don’t worry. The crew will create an inventory listing all the items you are shipping, as each carton is filled.
When shipping your personal belongings to Cape Town the transit time between removal in the UK and arrival at your new home will be approximately 4-6 weeks for full container shipments. Part load shipments can take between 6-10 weeks and are dependent on how quickly a 20ft container can be filled.
Documents we will require before shipment:
• Customs forms DA304 & P.1.160
• Copy of original passport
• Permanent Residence or Work permit
• Removal inventory (we will provide this for you)
• Insurance Valuation form for Shipment Protection cover
NOTE: When shipping vehicles, it is best to discuss this with your surveyor who will guide you through the process and advise of the necessary documentation requirements.
Restrictions may apply to certain items, if you are unsure it is best to show them to the surveyor at point of survey.
Restricted Exports to Cape Town where approval maybe required:
• Firearms and accessories will require a South African Police Firearm Registrar certificate SAP 312 & Import permit.
• Wine & Alcohol
Prohibited Exports to Cape Town:
• Plant products
• Explosives or Fireworks
• Pornographic material
• Certain feathers, furs, skins, tusks, etc. of animals which may fall under the protected species regulations.
For a more comprehensive list please click on the link below:
Alternatively use our branch locator to find your local branch.
Located at the tip of Africa and often referred to as “The Mother City”, Cape Town is South Africa’s oldest city. First developed by the Dutch East India Company in 1652, as a supply station for Dutch ships sailing to East Africa, the Far East and India. Cape Town was the first permanent European settlement in South Africa.
There is so much to discover in Cape Town. The iconic and world famous Table Mountain, beautiful stretches of clean white sand and clear blue seas. Visit the fantastic Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, which attracts thousands of visitors to its great restaurants, entertainment venues and designer shops. Add to this the climate, blue skies and sunshine for most of the year. Cape Town has it all!
Property prices & International Removals To Cape Town
Property prices vary enormously in Cape Town, depending on the type of property and the suburb you choose.
Rondebosch, is close to the University of Cape Town and a popular area. Constantia and Bishopscourt are both situated close to Table Mountain, where you will find some of the more opulent homes, with price tags to match. Expect to pay in the region of R8,850,000 (£443,000).
There are more modest properties on the market, with prices in the region of R2,450,000 (£122,500). Of course you will find that they are normally substantially larger than in the UK and come with more land, so you will get more for your money in South Africa.
Local Real Estate Agents & International Removals To Cape Town
Annenberg Real Estate – 145 Sir Lowry Rd, Cape Town 8001
+27 21 465 7780. www.annenberg.co.za
Golda Jacobs Real Estate – 136 Buitengracht St, Cape Town 8001
+27 21 423 1062. www.golda.co.za
International Schools & International Removals To Cape Town
International School Of Capetown- 1st Floor 66 Main Rd Claremont, Toffie Ln, Rondebosch 7008
+27 21 674 4117. www.languages-and-translations.co.za
Restaurants & International Removals To Cape Town
Mama Africa – 178 Long St Cape Town City Centre, Western Cape Schotschekloof 8001
+27 21 426 1017. www.mamaafricarestaurant.co.za
Addis in Cape Restaurant – 41 Church Street,Cape Town Schotschekloof 8001
+27 21 424 5722. www.addisincape.co.za
The Ferrymans Tavern – V & A Waterfront Cape Town 8002
+27 21 419 7748. www.ferrymans.co.za
Travel connections & International Removals To Cape Town
Main Airports: Cape Town International Airport
Main Train Station: Cape Town Railway Station
Main Roads: R300/2/7/1
Currency Conversion & International Removals To Cape Town
When moving overseas, making sure you get the best exchange rate possible is essential to starting your new life on a sound footing. White and Company has an exclusive arrangement with The FX Firm (foreign exchange company). Simply follow the link below to see what additional monies you will receive compared to using your high street bank and to set up a free no obligation foreign exchange account.
When You Arrive In Cape Town
• Our trusted partners will contact you before your container arrives at the port in South Africa; this is to ascertain your requirements regarding delivery. If you are not ready to take delivery we can arrange storage at extremely preferential rate. We recommend that you contact our agents immediately upon your arrival as you will be required to complete a customs form and produce your passport.
• All goods which arrive into South Africa are subject to South African customs and quarantine clearance procedures.
• You will need to be present in the country before customs clearance can take place, though you will not need to attend customs in person. However, you will need to be available should customs request that you attend an interview.
• Please note that customs clearance will take approximately 11 – 14 working days.
• Following Customs Clearance approval, our trusted partners will contact you to arrange a suitable date for delivery of your effects to your new home. The crew will arrive at your new property and place your items in the rooms of your choice, unwrap and remove the packing material.