For many years Britons have chosen to emigrate. These facts give a good indication why:
1) In 2011 it was reported that 1000 people are leaving the UK every day in search of warmer climates and a higher standard of living.
2) Of these 1000 people, over 40% are British Citizens.
3) Recent reports suggest that there are presently 3.4 million British people living abroad, which is 7% of the British population.
4) 15% of these Brits living abroad are classified as skilled professionals, such as doctors, paramedics and lawyers.
5) One of the contributing factors why people are leaving the UK is the increase in house prices and cost of living. In London in 2011 the average price of a house was over 400,000 pounds which is making it difficult for many young people to get on the property ladder.
6) Many wealthy Britons are now considering moving abroad due to high taxes and increased crime. 19% of British Citizens with savings of over a quarter of a million have said they would consider moving abroad.
7) Of those wealthy Britons questioned, 46% have cited crime and anti-social behaviour as the most popular reason for wanting to move.
8) 41% of the wealthy Britons believe life is more stressful in the UK than other European countries, which have a slower, more relaxing pace to life.
9) The foreign embassy has reported an average of 4000 visa applications per week for people wishing to move abroad, compared with just 300 per week ten years ago.
So If you’re already in the process of emigrating, or seriously considering it, White and Company offer a full international removals service, specialising in removals to Australia, Canada, South Africa and thousands of other destinations.
If you require any further information about our services or would like to book your free house survey, contact our international office today on 01489 774907.