Do You Want A Reliable Removals Company Serving Sevenoaks?
Anyone who has ever experienced moving house will know just how stressful it can be. House removals are one of the most stressful life events, but with careful organisation it is possible to make sure the big day runs smoothly. If you are looking for house removals Sevenoaks.
White & Company have been based serving Sevenoaks for over 145 years and can provide a full removals and storage solution. As founder members of BAR, FIDI & OMNI, White & Company can provide for a local move, anywhere in the UK, Europe or to an international destination.
For independent reviews of White & Company please visit Referenceline
” But could have had larger sheets for larger items. Had a few hiccups on the way (sofa too big and bed mattress frame too big). Found solutions ( Ramon did ) for sofa but mattress frame could not go u….”
” No need to make any, as they were just great.”
” It was well carried out. Packaging was fit for purpose. Team didn’t spend lots of time on break. Very pleased with them. Pleasant workers.”
” Excellent, helpful and courteous service from White and co.”
White & Company plc Removals & Storage London
T:0208 441 2880
Mon 09:00 – 17:00
Tue 09:00 – 17:00
Wed 09:00 – 17:00
Thu 09:00 – 17:00
Fri 09:00 – 17:00
Sat 09:00 – 12:00
Here are three easy steps to ensure things run smoothly:
Removals Sevenoaks – Get Started as Early as Possible
· Don’t leave things to the last minute. The moment you have a proposed moving date you should start by finding a reliable house removal company to carry out your house removals. Ideally it is always advisable to choose house removal companies that are a member of BAR, FIDI & OMNI to make sure the company you choose meets the highest standards within the removals industry. By using a BAR registered company, you also have peace of mind with an advance payment protection guarantee.
· The sooner you can arrange for a free quotation, the sooner you will know what the cost will be and you will be able to start the moving process. Once you have booked your chosen removal company, check the remover’s contract and your home insurance. When using a BAR registered removal company, you will have the peace of mind that they will be working to the terms and conditions of a BAR member, and will offer a degree of limited liability insurance. However, it is highly recommended that you ensure that you have arranged adequate cover.
· If you have decided to do the packing yourself, make sure you purchase packing material in good time. White & Company can offer a full range of packing materials at very competitive prices. Check https://www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/packing-solutions/ for details.
· Start packing as soon as you can. Separate everything into ‘keep’, ‘charity shop’ and ‘tip’. Pack items that you will not need to use before the move first and make sure you label every box with its contents and which room it should go to in your new home.
· If you’re downsizing, you may need to put items in storage, White & company offer storage solutions at 16 storage locations throughout the UK. They are able to provide secure containerised storage in personal dedicated storage containers and self-storage units for items to which you need regular, easy access. Check https://www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/storage-solutions/ for more details.
· Make a list of all utilities companies you will need to inform and do this as soon as you have a confirmed moving date.
· Arrange to have your mail redirected by contacting the Post Office, though this will incur a small fee.
Removals Sevenoaks – One Week Before the Move
· Defrost the freezer.
· Cancel home deliveries such as milk and newspapers.
· Arrange final readings of gas, electricity and water meters.
· Notify everyone of your change of address, this should include family, friends, your bank and anyone else who will need your new address.
· Request final bills for telephone and broadband.
Removals Sevenoaks – On Moving Day
· Take final meter reading and take a photograph with your mobile phone as a record.
· Turn off all appliances.
· Pack a survival kit, this should include the following: kettle, tea and coffee, milk, mugs, plates and cutlery. Important documents and some basic tools and a first aid kit along with any necessary instruction manuals for the appliances you are moving. It is also wise to carry on your person any medication you may need.
About Sevenoaks & Finding A Reliable Removals Company
Sevenoaks is situated approximately 21 miles from London in the beautiful county of Kent. It is a great base from which to explore the quaint little villages, country lanes, vineyards and market towns which surround the town. It has the added attraction of being close to London by train. You can choose between the tranquillity of the countryside or the excitement that the city can offer.
The name “Sevenoaks” originated from the Saxon word ‘Seouenaca’, a name given in about 800 A.D. to a small chapel near seven Oaks in Knole Park. Sevenoaks was historically part of the Great Manor of Otford, held by the Archbishops of Canterbury.
Sevenoaks grew from the merging of the two main roads from London and Dartford into one main route heading south through the Weald to the coast. Due to its location it was deemed the perfect place to hold a market and since the mid-13th Century up until today a weekly market is held.
Local Leisure Activities & Choosing A BAR Registered Removals Company
Knole House – is an English country house located in Sevenoaks in west Kent. More of a town than a house, with six hundred years of history, it is now a National Trust site and is one of England’s largest houses covering approximately 1000 acres of land. Knole House and Park – www.nationaltrustcollections.org.uk/place/knole
You can wander through the hallways and rooms and view the paintings, architecture and historical exhibits. Explore Knole Park, which surrounds the house, it is Kent’s last medieval deer park. There are so many hidden treasures to discover and over 1,000 acres to roam and enjoy, not to mention glimpsing the majestic herd of more than 350 wild deer. A great day out for all the family.
Seven Oaks Preserve Trail – This natural surface trail is open to the general public all year round, designed for biking and hiking and is located on 78 acres of property conserved by the Catawba Lands Conservancy.
The trail connects to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden’s trails, creating a 5-mile loop from the trailhead. On a good day it really is a great way to spend time enjoying the beautiful Kent countryside, whether on foot or two wheels. There is plenty of things to see along the way, the stunning lake is home to wild turkeys, turtles and native wildflowers. A nature lover’s paradise!
why not visit one of the following attractions:
Riding Farm Equestrian Centre – www.ridingfarm.co.uk
Haysden Country Park – www.tmbc.gov.uk/…/haysden-country-park
Hever Castle – www.hevercastle.co.uk
Chartwell – www.nationaltrust.org.uk/chartwell
The Fauquier History Museum at the Old Jail – www.fauquiertourism.com
Molon Lave Vineyards – www.molonlavevineyards.com
Gyms and Leisure Centres in Sevenoaks & Removals Sevenoaks
Schools in Sevenoaks & Removals Sevenoaks
There is a good range of schools in Sevenoaks depending upon the age of your children and where you are relocating to in the area.
The New Beacon School
St Thomas’ Catholic Primary School, Sevenoaks
The New School at West Heath
Dorton House School
Combe Bank School
Local vet in Sevenoaks & Removals Sevenoaks
Local doctor in Sevenoaks & Removals Sevenoaks
Local dentist Sevenoaks & Removals Sevenoaks
Travel Connections & Removals Sevenoaks
Getting to Sevenoaks by road would be via the: A225/A224/A25/M25/M26/A2. The closest train stations are: Sevenoaks (1.4 miles), Bat & Ball (2.3 miles), Dunton Green (2.9 miles). The closest airports are: London City Airport (18.1 miles), London Gatwick Airport (18.1 miles), London Southend Airport (30.8 miles)
Local Estate Agents & Removals Sevenoaks
Kings – 4 Station Parade London Road, Sevenoaks TN13 1DL
Tel: 01732 740747. www.kings-estate-agents.co.uk
Honeyshaw – Kings 4 London Road, Sevenoaks TN13 1DL
Tel: 01732 740747. www.kings-estates.co.uk
Local Restaurants & Removals Sevenoaks
Rose & Crown – London Road, Sevenoaks TN13 2TH
Tel: 01732 462343 www.vintageinn.co.uk
Mitchells & Butlers – Amherst Hill, Sevenoaks TN13 2EN
Tel: 01732 452787 www.mbplc.com
Local Supermarkets & Removals Sevenoaks
Tesco’s – Aisher Way, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2QS
Tel: 08456-779593. www.tesco.com
Sainsbury’s – 143 St Johns Hill, Sevenoaks TN13 3PE
Tel: 01732 588020. www.sainsburys.co.uk
If you are planning to move to Sevenoaks, and need information on schools, planning permission, parking permits or council tax, council planning permission meetings are held on a regular basis. Simply contact: www.sevenoaks.gov.uk
Cable & Phone Connections if Moving to Sevenoaks
If you’re moving to Sevenoaks, and need to know the broadband availability, simply visit: https://www.cable.co.uk/
Because it is so important that your possessions are cared for throughout your entire process, White & Company are members of the British Association of Removers and all services performed are in accordance with European standard BS EN 12522.
If you are thinking of moving overseas, making sure you get the best exchange rate possible is essential to starting your new life on a sound footing. White & Company has an exclusive arrangement with an FX Firm (foreign exchange company). Simply follow the link below to see what additional monies you will receive compared to using your high street bank and to set up a free no obligation account. White & Company/foreign-exchange
Whether you need to arrange monthly payments to service an overseas mortgage, or wish to protect yourself against exchange rate fluctuations and fix the rate for up to a year, we will be able to suggest the most suitable way to do so. Open your free, no obligation account in as long as it takes to stop for a coffee.
White & Company were proud winners of the British Association of Removers ‘Overseas Mover of the Year’ Competition 2016 and finalists for 2017
White & Company Have Branches In The Following Locations
Mon 09:00 – 17:00
Tue 09:00 – 17:00
Wed 09:00 – 17:00
Thu 09:00 – 17:00
Fri 09:00 – 17:00
Sat 09:00 – 12:00