Are You Moving To Spain & Looking For Reliable Removal Companies
If you are considering moving to Spain and looking for removal companies Spain: White & Company have been providing a full removals and storage solution in Spain for the past eighty years. As founder members of BAR, FIDI & OMNI. White & Company can provide for a local move, to anywhere in the UK, to Europe or to any international destination.
Why Move to Spain – Removal Companies Spain
The most recently released statistics reveal that over 3 million EU residents alone move to a different member state each year. With the relaxation of EU Law over the past few years, emigrating to Spain has become ever more popular. With many expatriates living in the country, warm weather, lower cost of living, good health care system and great food, it is not surprising that many people choose to relocate there, in fact almost 6% of the population living in Spain are expats.
Transporting My Effects – Removal Companies Spain
White & Company move thousands of families around the globe each year. You can arrange a free no obligation quotation by simply phoning your local branch. One of our experienced surveyors will visit and discuss the whole move process with you answering any questions and concerns you may have.
A thorough survey will be undertaken to assess the volume of belongings you are moving. following the survey you will receive a written quotation from or representative within 48 hours.If you are unsure of what you want to take with you, several quotes can be given calculated on different volumes, giving you a choice of options.
Finding Property – Removal Companies Spain
Once you have made the decision to move, some of the questions you have may include:
• What part of Spain would suit me best?
• Do I want to live in the city on the coast or in the countryside?
• What will property cost and what will I be able to afford with my budget in my preferred area?
With Spain being a short flight away from the UK, you can easily contact some of the local estate agents in your areas of interest and they will be happy to provide assistance with properties for sale, arrange viewings and help you with your questions and concerns regarding the legal aspects of buying property abroad.
Below are some web sites which may be of interest in your search for removals Spain:
Inland Andalucia – www.inlandandalucia.com
Simply Andalucia – www.simplyandalucia.com – Country Property Specialists
Rio Estates – www.rioestates.com – Real Estate Agents
Right Move Estate Agents – www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property-for-sale/Andalusia.html
Popular Emigration Destinations – Removal Companies Spain
For Brits some of the most popular areas in Southern Spain to relocate to are, Andalucía, which encompasses the Costas, Costa de la Luz, and Costa Cálida. Below is a rough guide to some of the more popular areas in Spain:
Andalucía: Located on Spain’s southern coast this beautiful area symbolises much of what the world thinks of as Spanish – tapas, flamenco dancing, bullfights and spicy cuisine. Its Moorish architecture is still visible today and landmarks such as the Alcázar castle in Seville, the capital city, as well as Córdoba’s Mezquita Mosque-Cathedral and Granada’s Alhambra palace are both stunning and interesting. Andalusia is a real blend of cultures and traditions.
Costa de la Luz: Translated as ‘Coast of Light’ is said to be one of the best kept secrets of the entire Spanish coastline, this stunning place is popular with the Spanish as a holiday destination. If you are looking for an exciting nightlife and bustling towns, this is not the place for you. De la Luz is quiet, laid back and stress free place, making it a particularly popular location for retirees seeking to live their retirement years in the sunshine. In recent years there has been a growing trend in this area for developers to create purpose-built retirement communities with a high level of built-in security.
Costa Cálida: Translated as the ‘warm coast’ is also popular with retirees, however it is more lively than de la Luz. It covers a stretch of Spanish coastline of approximately 250km. The area has much to offer those who enjoy sports or leisure with golf courses, spa hotels and a variety of shops, bars and restaurants. The addition of another airport and improved motorway access means that the region is coming to the attention of both expats and tourists.
Property Prices – Removal Companies Spain
Generally, property prices are set to rise in Spain in the coming year. According to a report produced by the reputable financial firm JP Morgan, it is predicted that Spain’s economy is due to rise by 1% in 2016 and estate agents are in agreement with this prediction. The property market figures for 2015/16 showed an increase compared to figures released for 2014, and this trend is set for 2017, all good news for those planning to relocate to Spain.
Expats have discovered that when compared with the rest of Spain, property prices in Andalucia are fairly low, although they have risen in recent years. Property is a good investment in the area and there is every reason to expect to make a profit if you decide to sell in a few years’ time.
There is a huge range of properties for sale in Spain, prices vary according to size, property type and area. As a guide, a 3 bedroomed town house can be purchased in the Andalucia area for around £51,000. A generously sized family home with 4 bedrooms and a pool is on the market currently for £392,000. There are plenty of apartments and complexes where you can share a large swimming pool, taking the work and worry out of maintaining a pool yourself. There certainly is something for every taste and budget for sale in Spain.
Education and Schools – Removal Companies Spain
You will of course want to ensure that your children receive the best education possible whilst living in Spain. Generally, education provision is of a good standard, with a range of schools to choose from. Education in Spain is regulated by the Ley Orgánica de Educación (LOE, Organic Law of Education). Education is compulsory and free for all children aged between 6 and 16 years, and is supported by the national government, together with the governments of each of the country’s 17 autonomous communities.
The Spanish Bachillerato is the post-16 stage of education, comparable to the A Levels/Higher (Scottish) in the UK, the French Baccalaureate in France or the International Baccalaureate. See the web sites below for further education information:
• Spanish Ministry of Education – www.mecd.gob.es/portada-mecd/
• The Spanish university system – www.tostudyinspain.com/spanish-university-system/
• Spain Study Guide for International Students – www.studying-in-spain.com/
Useful Tips When Emigrating to Spain – Removal Companies Spain
1. Learn the language – especially if you intend to work in Spain. Learning the “lingo” will enhance your experience – going to the shops, at the doctor or dentist, when renting/buying a property, in a local restaurant/bar etc. Take a look at www.rosettastone.co.uk/learn-spanish, an online Spanish course, where you will find lots of courses and packages to choose from.
2. Spend some time in your chosen area. It is always a good idea to have a few months to ‘test drive’ (single quotes) the area and be sure that you can live there. Holidaying is not the same experience as living! Sign up to a Home Exchange company such as www.homeexchange.com.
3. Rent before you buy. Renting for at least 6 months will enable you to get onto your feet without the pressure of having to pay a mortgage.
4. Explore the area – Once you have moved to an area, spend time getting familiar with your new area. Locate where your local supermarkets and shops are. Where are the best local restaurants/bars? What local services are available? Find out where your local doctor/dentist is located and nearest hospitals in case of emergencies.
5. Make an effort to make new friends – Once you move you can start establishing a new social network, don’t just rely on your partner or family. Immerse yourself in the Spanish culture and make friends with locals as well as other expats. Mixing with people will enrich your experience and help you have a fun and a successful future in Spain.
Practical Advice and Information – Removal Companies Spain
www.thisisspain.info and www.emigrate2.co.uk are both web sites which offer everything you need to know about Spain, the Spanish and their language. Information about expat life – travel, flights, hotels, property, golf, education, health, retirement and relocation information
Bournemouth Branch of White & Company
Tel:01202 912 142
Because it is so important that your possessions are cared for throughout your entire process, White & Company are members of the British Association of Removers and all services performed are in accordance with European standard BS EN 12522.